It's like everyone just disappeared! Well, I had am exciting day. At about 7:30 this morning, at my work, my manager swore he smelt propane quite heavily in one of the isles, so the fire department came, they too thought it smelt like propane and they decided to evacuate the whole store. So we are sitting outside the store for about half hour forty five minutes. The hazardous materials unit and two other fire trucks are there plus a couple squad cars from the police department. About half an hour later all the firemen come out and they let us back in. It turns out the smell wasn't propane at all, it was a rotten rotisserie chicken that was hidden behind something. So that was an exciting addition to my day.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's a funny story. When we were first moving into our house years ago I smelled sewage. After checking out all the bathrooms my nose led me to the kitchen. The smell was a propane leak coming from a connection in the oven.
They should have evacuated you farther than just outside the building Britt. When those things explode, they really explode. Chickens smelling like propane and propane smelling like sewage. Hmmm!
It's taken us a week to get here and get our communication stuff up and running. And for our mail to catch up with us. Got a sweet letter from Bry. Getting to bed later here than Arizona. Gotta get back on schedule. But we're here!!!!
We miss you already. It was Chris's birthday yesterday. I took him a cake. He's working nights so I woke him up. He has tonight (although he'll sleep today) and tomorrow off. We're doing a little reception for Michelle and him tomorrow so I think we'll celebrate his birthday next week.
Post a Comment