Sorry for not writing until now. My Preraration day has changed to Monday upon getting here. Anyway I made it here to Mexico on time. There were no delays or problems with my luggage so that was perfect. Me and the other new elders which there were twelve of us and six were from my district in the MTC spent the night at the President Bullochs house. We ate some pizza and went straight to bed. Then the nextday we learned a bunch of stuff about money and health and stuff. Then about noon we went to the chapel right by the temple for the Meting and getting our companions. My companion is Elder Celaya. He´s from Tebasco Mexico or something like that I can never really remember. Anyway he´s great and now that I´m sort of starting to actually understand him we can actually talk about things. The work is going great! This first week was difficult because we are in a white washed area and the missionaries before us were losers. The apartment was trashed and the area book was useless. So we have just been knocking on doors like crazy and meeting with members trying to obtain referrals. I´m understanding more and more every day so that’s helping. My favorite part is that since I have the first vision memorized every time my we get to that part my companion lets me say it and its so amazing! Its like time stops and the spirit gets so strong I just love it so much! Right now we have two people commited to baptism and I know there are more people just waiting to hear our message. The members are so amazing too! All of them are so nice and always willing to help us in anything. The other day we were waiting to cross the street and a member came out of the little bakery that she owned and asked for a blessing. At that point I realized I should have practiced giving blessings in Spanish. I Pretty much just read straight from the white handbook for the anointing and then my companion gave the blessing. I have no idea what he said but it was amazing! Then afterwords she gave me a cookie and tried to give us money but we didn´t take it. The people are just so amazing and give so much for the church. They love us missionaries too and feed us so well. Oh my goodess the food is amazing! Its like every time I eat I find my new favorite food and they make a ton. I think we´re done and then out comes another plate and I´m like okay. I would probably be gaining a lot of weight except that we walk everywhere so I burn it all off. Anyway I´ve got to go but I´m sending some pictures. I haven´t received any postcards but don´t worry because the mail takes a while to get to me. I love you all! Tell dad to take better care of himself and sorry about the spelling this keyboard is a little messed up.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
EMAIL FROM BRYAN - FIRST SINCE ARRIVING IN MEXICO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment