Monday, July 6, 2009

Last email from Bryan sent today

Okay well first things first I spoke a little late on the package. I got it on friday and I´ve been sleeping like a baby ever since. Since its raining almost everyday here those boots will come in handy too. Thank you so much! Don´t worry about those other things unless you already sent them or someting. Its just that only get the mail about once every three weeks no matter when it shows up because It passes down through the leaders until we have a district or zone meeting then I get it. I got all the post cards too! Thank you so much and I see that Dad is learning some Spanish. Good thing too because I think Im forgetting english. I didn´t get that letter you were talking about though so I don´t know whats up with that. Anyway just send stuff and I´ll get it eventually I just didn´t really know the whole deal until now but I got the whole system of work sort of figured out now that I can actually understand people pretty well.
Okay well now to the real stuff. I got my packgage and all the letters on friday because we had a Zone conference. It was totally awesome! First of all it was awesome because i could finally talk to some American Missionaries and figure out some things I had been wondering like when we get mail and stuff. Then more importantely it was awesome because of the things we learned. There was a slide show first off showing a bunch of pictures of baptisms. Then since it was actually a multi zone conference we broke off into our seperate zones and learned how to better retain investigators by teaching the fifth lesson better. It was a lot of good advice and I actually understood all of it. Then we came back together as a zone and President Bulloch taught us about the example of captain Moroni and working together as an entire mission to Mantener la tanque llena y mantener mas y mejor conversos in Mission Mexico Estè. I´m sending a picture of the Estandarte de Liberdad that every missionary in our mission singned. It´s an awesome work that I´m a part of here!
Then as you can see in the other pictures i had my first baptism on Saturday. I was always confused as to why this girl wasn´t baptized when she was eight since both of her parents are members but I just kept teaching and getting her ready for her baptism. Then also on friday I found out why. Pretty much to make a long story short her dad is crazy. He has been a member for almost ten years and holds the priesthood and everything but doesn´t beleive in virtually anything. He has some of the most messed up beleif I have ever heard. First of all he doesn´t beleive God has a body of flesh and bones but he does beleive that Jesus does. He doesn´t beleive in a life after this one at all which doesn´t make any since because he does beleive in the Book of Mormon. however he kind of just beleives its a good book that provides a lot of great advice. He beleives in Joseph Smith and all the other Prophets as great and inspired men but not necessarily as Prophets as we think of them. Then the strangest of all and something that maybe you could discuss in your blog is the importance of beleiving in Satan. He didn´t beleive in Satan at all and it was kind of the heart of all his problems. I think their is a quote somwhere that says Satans greatest victory is convincing people he doesn´t exist and I definitely saw that in this man.
However after he said all that all I could think to do was bear the strongest testimony I could. It didn´t change much but it sure made me feel a whole lot better and he left it up to his daughter to decide if she wanted to get baptized and even had her say a prayer to decide. Of course she said she did and it was amazing! After her baptism she agreed to bear her testimony and she said that before she went into the water she was very nervous and scared but when she came out all of it was gone and replaced with joy!
It was truly an amazing expirience. The water was tinted slightly yellow and was actually quite cold but in that moment in that font I became hooked. I would do anything for these wonderful people!
Anyway I´ve been writing to long but we have another baptismo lined up for next week and more for the week after if we do a lot of praying. The work is really Rolling forword. Me and my companion are going to start an english class and guess who´s going to be the teacher. Your darn right I am! I need to really start studying spanish now though. Wish me luck! Tell Katie she is more awesome and tell Adam I love Katies dancing and tell Rachel that I tell almost everyone I meet about my cute little baby sister and yes Katie I do tell them about my other cute little sister too. Tell Dad I love him so much for raising me in this wonderful and true gospel to serve my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Tell Mom she is the best and most wonderful mother in the whole World and that I love her too and tell Brittany she is an awesome older sister and tell Chris thank you for raising the Estandarte de Liberdad in our family and serving a misión. Then to all the extended family stay cool read the book of mormon every single day! I love you all!

p.s. I pretty much leave as soon as I write the emails so yes I don´t get youre responses until the next week. We write them in little Internet booth things.

No comments: