Wednesday, September 2, 2009

BRYAN'S LAST EMAIL

So Rachel likes fútbol then. I just played the most intense game of soccer ever. It says in the missionary handbook that we shouldn’t let games on pday get too intense but when your playing in Mexico with a bunch of semi professionals I tends to get a little intense at times. Its so fun though we have played almost every week and I am just a big un coordinated American but I got the Sieler blood running through my veins so I get the ball around. This week was way awesome too because we had our whole district of missionaries there so I wasn’t the only gringo. Yeah we lit that field up.
Anyway on to the important stuff we found two of the most golden investigators I have found yet this week. Actually I think we found them last week but it was this week that all the interesting stuff happened. Like I first found them when me and my companion were knocking doors(so whoever says knocking doors is ineffective needs to repent) and there was a whole in his door so he asked me what I wanted and I did the whole missionary contact thing and he just let me right in before I could even signal to my companion. Yeah anyway I got Elder Celaya with me and we taught him a little bit and then set up another appointment for latter that day when his wife and daughter were going to be there. That lesson went awesome and we programmed them for baptism and they came to church that week and just loved it. There daughter became queen of the primary in like two seconds she was friends with every girl her age in the room. Then the golden part is that this week we found out that they aren’t actually married. Then the problem is that they have no problem with getting married but she is still in a marriage with somebody else. It was a very welcome to the real world moment. Ok now here is the golden part: since a divorce would take a couple of weeks and they want to be baptized now he said he could go and sleep in his brothers house until they can get married. How freaking cool is that! This gospel is so amazing! This city is huge and full of so many problems and smells really bad off and on and is a tad bit dangerous but the atonement of Jesus Christ has penetrated all of that and is changing lives so much. I love it here! The other day someone told me I had five months in my mission and I almost cried. Its going so fast and I don’t ever want to leave. I got to go now but I love you all!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

five months?! no way!

Lori Sieler said...

Did he cry because he's excited to come home or sad to leave?