Monday, October 5, 2009

Bryan's email today



Holy cow everyone and their dog wrote me an email. I should have a birthday more often. Okay our president planched us the other day and said we can only spend an hour writing emails so I have to be fast. Glad everyone liked the baptism story. I still bust up laughing thinking about it. Also thanks for all the pictures I think my companion liked them more than I did. He wants to write Danielle but I told him he has to learn English first. This week we had two more baptisms and these ones were very normal without any problems. The older lady is Carolina and she is just the most humble and Christ-like lady that I have ever met. She has a beautiful daughter almost the exact same age as Rachel. The sad part though is that she had a really hard time having children and actually had several abortions. Then her loser husband left her in the last one because it was looking like both her and the baby would die. Well he was wrong and they both lived and now he has to live with his stupid decision. She is amazing though because when she tells us about all this stuff there is no anger or sadness in her voice she just accepts it as the way things are. Accepts it as Gods will and she still lets her husband see the baby and everything. She also tried sharing a little of the gospel with him and showed him all the pamphlets and stuff that we have given her but he just looked at it and said it wasn’t true. He is one of those people that tries to pretend they don’t believe in God. I say tries because in my time here I have become convinced that there is no such thing as an atheist. Sure a lot of people say they are but they cant even convince themselves let alone convince me. Pretty much Carolina is amazing and since the very first time we met here she has always seen the good in us and what this church can give her. I baptized her and it felt so good when I did it. I knew that the Lord had been preparing her for a long time to accept this gospel and when she came out of the water it was one of the most amazing spiritual experiences of my life. Gosh I love it here!
Then we also baptized Samantha who is a twelve year old and is a friend of one of the members in our ward. Now I know I said twelve year old but she has the knowledge of a forty year old. When I first talked to her was after her friend gave her a Book of Mormon and she had already come to church. All I can say is holy cow she is golden. She said she never really believe in any religion but when she started reading the Book of Mormon she just could not deny it. We taught her everything and she just accepted it all and now She is bringing in her entire family. Her mom already wants to be baptized and her Sister is very interested. Its so amazing how the work unfolds. I have to go right now so I cant really answer any of your questions but Ill try next week. Love you!



No comments: