It has been a very busy week full of extreme highs and extreme lows. Dads email kind of explains it all. I´m in the hustle and bustle of the largest city in the world I can barely speak the language or every figure out where I am and Satan sure does think his winning but we sure are taking it to him with more than he can handle. I just time to be even more bold and start screaming this gospel through the streets. My companion is great but sometimes I think he is to polite and not forceful enough. I´m starting to fix that though by studying my butt of in this language telling people how it is. I mean when somebody doesn´t read the book of Mormón its not just okay this is the words of god we´re talking about here saved specifically for our day. People need to know the importance of this gospel and I feel like we have been treating it to lightly but not anymore.
Anyway the work is going really good I just think it could be going way better. I´m fixing it though. Anyway last tuesday we expierienced nothing less than a miracle. It was the end of the day and we were heading home and decided to stop at a panderia to talk to a member lady we know that works there. Then while we are talkin this family walks in to buy bread and the father walks right up to me and asks me if I´m from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was like heck yes I am! This man knew a bishop in Monterrey that had always been really nice to him and his family and they had even gone to church with him a few times and he wanted to get back in touch with this bishop. Well anyway we said we could get that but it would take a while and then we said up an appointment and we taught them an awesome first lesson the next day but they actually went on vacation over the weekend so we´ll have to see what happens. They were all really loving it though. Then we got two investigators to church which are just awesome. One of them is an eighteen year old girl named Ivon and we actually taught her whole family a couple of weeks ago but were never able to get back in touch with them again until we ran into Ivon in the street and set up another lesson with her and she was interested and came to sacrament meeting but had to leave after that to go to work. I hope we can find her again because I really think she is the doorway to a miracle happening in her family.
Then there is Joséluis who is a 68 year old man who we have set upp for baptizm in 2 weeks. He had a lot of doubts though when we taught him earlier this week but agreed to come to church and after church it looked like he was just glowing. I think he can be the doorway to a miracle as well and their are both such wonderful people. The truly amazing part of this work is when you start to become peoples elder. the elder that they think about when they think of missionaries and I just love it.
Then as you can see in the pictures we had another baptism. Julio wanted to get baptized from the first time we talked to him. We had a lot of help though because the girl in those pictures is Karla his girlfriend. Then there was also a babtism of an eight year old. The other guy in white besides my companion is the second counsler in the bishopbric and he baptised his daughter. Anyway after we baptized Julio we told him his next mission is 500 años which is the name of the street the temple is on. I think he really liked that idea actually.
Then there is Mario. I don´t know if we´ll ever be able to give Nicole the Holy Ghost because they didn´t come to church and then when we went to there house afterword to see what was up his wife Maricela gave us a letter that Mario wrote. Pretty much the guy is crazy. He looks normal talks normal walks normal has a very normal and stable family but inside his head is pure craziness. I have to go back though I can´t just let it end like this. I don´t think I can change Mario but I know that Nicole wants this Gospel so bad but her father is standing in the way.I just wish we could confirm her so bad. Baptism without confirmation is just a dunk in the water. Yeah I don´t care what my companion thinks I am definitely going back there.
That has pretty much been my week. Oh and I did have an interview with the President that went real good. He´s an awesome guy. He told me that Elder Ward from my district in the MTC went home after just three days. President tried to convince him to stay for just a week longer and see how it goes and Elder Ward said President get me a plane ticket or I´m going to start walking. He should of made him walk maybe the loser would have figured out you can get a bus ride for like ten cents here. Oh well though the work rolls on here in Mexico! Stay cool Everyone!!!!!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Monday email
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
holy cow. the kid's on fire!
i hope he's not setting himself up to be disillusioned by his mission. he needs to realize all those people he wants to get converted have their free agency and are progressing at their own pace. at the same time i sure hope he stays fired up.
Post a Comment